Sunday, February 22, 2015

Beautiful Chaos {Guest Post}

Via Pinterest

Today, I have my lovely friend K.H. Williams with me. I was thrilled when she said yes to writing a guest post for my blog. I love her writing and her poetry. I hope you all enjoy!

"A few weeks back someone asked me to describe my life in only a couple words. Being the writer that I am, several adjectives popped into my mind. It was easy to look at all those adjective and pick out some that fit my life. But I wasn't satisfied with what I found. So I kept on thinking about what my life really was about. Living for God, doing school, doing work, writing... but that didn't describe me. I was reading on some personality test websites about my MBTI personality type (INTJ) and was surprised at how accurate all of those things fit my life. But personality tests don't define us, they simply give us a name for our thought processes. So back to the drawing board. I thought some more on it. Who was I? What made me special to the world, to God, to my friends? I looked back on all the physical, emotional, and mental pain I have gone through. I looked back at every invisible scar that had been burned upon my soul for all eternity. And I imagined them being pencil, pen and paintbrush marks, making a picture of chaos. But my pain hasn't just been black and white. Color has been added. It was beautiful.
There it was. Right before my eyes was the answer to the question. Two words to describe my life would be "beautifully chaotic". I didn't choose this road of pain. I didn't choose this road of loneliness. God chose it for me. And He makes it a beautiful journey for  us to travel. He holds our hands through it all and never lets us go. And even when our lives seem chaotic and disastrous, there's always color and beauty that are added into the pain by the most amazing artist in the world: Jesus.
So chin up, darling. Because looking at the dirt is boring, but the blue skies are pretty. And even when it rains, look up. Because feeling water drops on your face and dancing in the pouring rain is a beautiful thing. <3 br="" style="background-color: white; line-height: 22px;">


Beautiful Chaos

you could see it in her eyes,
a beautiful chaos that was shinning bright...
and you could feel it in her words,
the way she loved life and all that was in it...

even though she lived in pain,
and even though it never gave her rest...
she always had faith, had hope in the future,
now she wants you to see it, too...see the love of life...

...see the love of poetry, and words...
...see the love of paintings and long walks...
...feel the intertwined fingers of a lover,
...and hear the late night whispers of a friend...

she was a mix between disastrous melancholy,
and gorgeous abstract, that shined through her soul...
and she enjoyed the art of music and dance,
longing to live as long as possible...

...longing to see the world...
...to /feel/ the wind one last time...

she rarely cried, saving her tears for important things,
keeping her emotions locked deep in her heart...
until the right moment when she could freely express
her mind and dreams, and hopes...

~K.H. Williams "

No comments:

Post a Comment