Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Unfathomable

Day 8 in the Write 31 Days challenge. Click here to learn more and to see other 31 Day posts.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Via Pinterest
"Isn't it a comfort to worship a God we can not exaggerate?"
~ Francis Chan 

Scrolling through my Pinterest feed the other day, I found this quote. Francis Chan has always been an inspiring author to me. I love his book Crazy Love. When I saw this quote from him I stopped and thought about it. "Isn't it a comfort to worship a God we can not exaggerate." What does this exactly mean? 
God is unfathomable. He knows everything, He is everywhere, He created you and this earth, He breathed the breath of life into you. His thoughts are higher than our thought, His ways are higher than our ways. He created not only this world, but also galaxies that we didn't even know existed until a century ago. He saved you from death and evil so you could live in eternity with Him. He is so so so much more than what I'm even describing! I can't even put into words all He is. I can not exaggerate Him because theres nothing to exaggerate on. He already is everything. Isn't that amazing? It blows my mind every time I think about it. And guess what? We get to worship Him!!  This is our God who we can not exaggerate because He is already everything unfathomable.  And we are the ones He chose to give Him honor and praise. He is so merciful and loving.

After I read this quote and thought about what it truly meant. I just had to praise. I had to give Him the praise and glory that He really does deserve! 
This changes how I want to worship. It changes me to want to give my all to Him. It makes me want to throw my hands up in the air and jump and sing and dance because our God who loves us, our God who saves us, our God who created us, is so huge and so mighty that I can not exaggerate on Him!! Do you understand!? Do you see!? God is so amazing! 

Sometimes I feel like we don't give God enough of us. We try fit Him into this mold, into this box. And we think of Him like we want to think of Him. But God can't fit into a mold or a box, He is so big. If we saw Him face to face, we would be blinded. If we truly learn who He is, and not just assume and fit Him into this mold, He will show us His glory like never before. 

So right now, lets change the way we worship and the way we think about God. Lets give Him the praise and adoration He deserves because He created us, saved us, and made all things, and has done even more!! Lets worship Him, together. And see His glory become like fire. 

This video below is by Francis Chan. I watched this video when I read the book Crazy Love, and remembered it when I was typing this post out. I want you to watch it, and just see how unfathomable our God is and what He has created.  







3 comments:

  1. I love this and it is such a sweet reminder that I believe we constantly need. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....wow..... it's all i can say........ wow.......

    ReplyDelete