Friday, November 7, 2014

Creating Melodies, Intertwining Words, and Then Putting Them Together

Via Pinterest
I love to write and play music. Creating melodies, intertwining words, and then putting them together is one of my passions. I guess it is just part of the Freeheart I am. I'm definitely not a professional, I just like to write music from my heart. Here are a few tips I've learned throughout my time writing songs. I hope they are helpful to anyone who reads them. <3 nbsp="">

- Write from you heart. Don't write something to please someone else or to fit to someone else standards. Write about whatever come from your heart.

- What you write doesn't have to be perfect the first time. Just get what is in your head and heart out and you can edit or change later.

- Record whatever your singing or playing. There are countless times where I would be playing the piano or making up a song as I'm singing it and I have the perfect lyrics, but once I'm finished I either can't write them down in time or I can't remember them.
You don't have to have a fancy recorder. I just use the one on my phone.

- If you have writers block, get different sources of inspiration. I always go to my Bible or Pinterest. The Bible is full of inspirational things that you can build songs off of. Pinterest has so many quotes and verse and pictures where you can get ideas too. You don't have to copy them specifically, just let them bring ideas.

- One thing people think about writing songs is that you either write lyrics first, and add music later or write music first, and lyrics later. Which actually it is best to write both at the same time. I like to sit down at the piano or with my guitar, have my Bible opened by my side, and just play little tunes and hum a melody. And then slowly add words that come to my heart. This is also where the recorder comes in handy. Whenever you have these moments its hard to stop and write what your playing down. It makes you loose focus and it stops the flow. You can always go back and listen to the recording though.

- Be you. It's good to have an artist you look up to and your inspired by but always try to make your music your own. Don't try to copy someone else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment