Thursday, October 2, 2014

Be Brave

Day 1 in the Write 31 Days challenge. Click here to learn more and to see other 31 Day posts.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Via Pinterest

"'Do any of you remember how great the Temple was before it was destroyed? What does it look like now? Doesn't it seem like nothing to you?' But the Lord says, 'Zerubbable, be brave. Also, Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest, be brave. And all you people who live in the land, be brave,' says the Lord All-Powerful. 'I made a promise to you when you came out of Egypt, and my Spirit is still with you. So don't be afraid.'"
 ~Haggai 2:3-5 (NCV) 
     

    When I'm worn out and tired, and the passion God has put inside of me isn't as bright as it once was, I try to open the Word and regain truth or I worship. The other day, I randomly opened my Bible to refuel my soul. It opened to Haggai. A small book of the Bible not normally discussed or talked about. I started to read, trying to grasp what was happening.       
The temple was in ruins, but the people of Jerusalem were just going on with there lives. Not really thinking about the Temple. So the Lord sent the prophet Haggai to speak the Zerubbabel and Joshua about rebuilding the Temple instead of tending to their own lives. After Haggai spoke to them, the Lord stirred up their passion and they starting to rebuild the Temple. In chapter 2, they lost there fire about rebuilding the temple again, so the Lord sent Haggai to go talk to them. Verses 3-5 are the ones that really get me. Speaking through Haggai, the Lord said to Zerubbable, Joshua, and the people who lived in the land, "Be Brave". He also said "Work because I am with you.", and "... My Spirit is still with you. So don't be afraid".                             
    Right then, those words spoke to me. I feel like we, as Christens, can be in the same place the people of Jerusalem were in. We can lose our passion, our fire, for what God wants us to do so easily. And here, in these two verse, God is cheering us on. Telling us to be brave and keep moving. He is with us, so don't be afraid.                            
    Whatever season of life you are in right now, or whatever you are going through. God is encouraging you to keep going. Live for Him. Love passionately. He is with you and He'll protect you. He whispering in your ear "Be Brave". Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment