Saturday, October 11, 2014

Living A Life of Worship

Day 11 in the Write 31 Days challenge. Click here to learn more and to see other 31 Day posts.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Via Pinterest 
"I was thinking about this thing called worship and sometimes we think worship is about the song, its about the great sound, its about the worship set. Really what is boils down to its like, its about being a good dad, being a good husband, its about being a good friend, it about cleaning up your messes when you make them. Its about closing the doors that need to be closed, opening the doors that need to be opened, its about the daily life your walking with the Lord. Its about faith, its about believing God for who He says He is. Its all of those things and thats what worship is…. Don't forget for a second what God is looking at." ~ Brian Johnson 

        I was watching this video where Brian Johnson (a worship leader at Bethel church in Redding, California) was talking about having a heart of worship and living a life of worship. The quote above is one of the biggest things I took away. Worship isn't only about the music on Sunday morning (or anytime really), It isn't only about the craft that you do, or the thing your most passionate about. Why yes, that has a lot to do with it… but theres more behind it. 
        Kari Jobe says "Worship isn't just music. But it's what we do with our hearts. It's giving God everything we are." God whats all of us. Not part of us or half for us or only the part that sings on Sunday mornings. He wants the way we live and the way we think. He wants our everything. He wants us to be a light for all the people around us. He wants us to be open before Him so He can shine through us. And when we give God everything we are, we do just that, we are a light for Christ to shine through. 
        I've been learning this a lot recently. God has been showing me that He wants me to worship with my whole heart at every part of the day, not just during my quiet time of when I'm singing or journaling or dancing. He wants me to worship Him through everything, even in the things I don't like to do. When I teach, when I clean my home, when I do my work, when I'm loving someone. It all has to go to the glory of God. 
       Sometimes, I feel like we get so caught up in trying to be a better worship or leader that we really forget what it really is about. It's about the small things and the everyday life.  Today, let turn back to Jesus and give Him our all and our worship. Lets worship Him with our lives and be a light for others. 


So brothers and sisters, since God has shown us great mercy, I beg you to offer your lives as a living sacrifice to him. Your offering must be only for God and pleasing to him, which is the spiritual way for you to worship. Do not be shaped by this world; instead be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you; you will

know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect.

Romans 12:1-2 (NCV)

"Let every detail in your lives - words, actions, whatever - be done in the name of the master Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way."
Colossians 3:17 (NCV)

If you interested in watching the video that the quote came from. It is right here below. Brian's words are very inspiring. I hope you enjoy. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment